Simpson helmet shields are offered in clear as well as stylish and functional tints. When ordering a shield for your racing or motorcycle helmet, keep these considerations in mind:
- Clear shields are generally used for night racing or very low light conditions
- Amber shields provide a minimal amount of tinting that’s ideally suited to overcast weather
- Yellow shields are often used in dawn or dusk driving, as they tend to accentuate track features
- Tinted shields can help to eliminate glare during daytime driving
- Some people find that mirrored shields block even more sunlight than tinted shields and Iridium shields provide the most protection from both sunlight and glare
NOTE: Interior shields for Ghost Bandit and Mod Bandit helmets available separately.